Please register for this course on the Heart and Stroke Portal here BEFORE registering for your course through SIMS to avoid booking into a full course.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is an advanced resuscitation course for the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies in pediatric patients. This advanced-level course builds on skills learned in a Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider course and/or a Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) Provider course. Designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of critically ill pediatric patients, learners will apply their BLS skills as well as expect practice and training in a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, treatment algorithms and high-performance teams to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children. Become a practiced and strong member or lead a PALS team with this important training program.
- Reflects science of the most recent Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Hands-on class format that integrates BLS and PALS interventions
- High-quality CPR and team dynamics
- Real world scenarios
- Pediatric systematic approach
- High-quality CPR (Basic Life Support)
- Respiratory emergencies and early interventions
- Shock emergencies and early interventions
- Cardiopulmonary arrest and early interventions
- Post–cardiac arrest management
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation and team dynamics
CME/CPD Credits & Accreditation
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Heart & Stroke PALS Provider course eligible for two (2) credits per hour under Section 2 of the MOC Program as “Traineeships”.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Heart & Stroke PALS Provider course eligible for two Mainpro+ Certified credits per hour.
Other Colleges / Regulatory Bodies
Heart & Stroke courses are recognized across Canada. We are committed to continuous assessment and accreditation. Check with your college or professional affiliation to see if this course is eligible for credits.
This course is for the Saskatoon location ONLY. If you're looking to take the course in Regina, please go to this page.
PALS Course Intro
See You In Class!
After Class Checkpoint