OPTIMIZING AIRWAY MANAGEMENT WITHOUT MEDICATION FOR ALS PROVIDERS
- Learn critical airway management techniques — including use of video laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices, extraglottic devices, and cricothyrotomy.
- Learn a simple approach to airway assessment.
- Work with experienced faculty who know the unique challenges facing EMS providers.
- Use proven airway devices in small group sessions.
- Practice decision-making and airway techniques in Code AirwayTM stations.
- Face the most challenging patient scenarios in a no-risk environment.
- Meet your continuing education requirements. This one-day course is approved by CAPCE.
HANDS-ON TRAINING IN CRUCIAL AIRWAY TOPICS:
- Difficult and failed airway management
- Video laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices
- Pediatric airway management
- Endotracheal tube introducers (bougie)
- Surgical cricothyrotomy
- Extraglottic devices
- CPAP and BiPAP
- Confirmation with capnography