Please register for this course on the Heart and Stroke Portal here BEFORE registering for your course through SIMS to avoid booking into a full course.
The ACLS Provider Renewal course is intended for highly-proficient ACLS providers who regularly direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies, and who will regularly use ACLS skills within their scope of practice.
This is a fast-paced course (7 hrs) that gives students the opportunity to demonstrate understanding of the core ACLS program (high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes) through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program.
The ACLS Provider Renewal course leverages an ACLS provider’s existing clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency. The following competencies are expected of students entering an ACLS Provider Renewal course:
- Total course takes approximately 7 hours
- The first portion of the course will be completed via online videos
- Manuals are available at an additional cost
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective airway management and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider certification required
(Current within 12 months)
- Current Heart & Stroke ACLS Provider certification
(Current within 24 months)
- ACLS pre-course self-assessment certificate. Requires a passing score of 70% or higher to print certificate. (Must be completed prior to attending the in-person class)
- ACLS Videos
- (Optional) ACLS Provider Videos
Course Completion Card
- Course Completion Card is issued by the Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Completion card expires two years from date of issue
- Completion card is accessible by logging onto student account on Heart & Stroke Portal
(Note: Additional charge for books)
This course is for the Saskatoon location ONLY. If you're looking to take the course in Regina, please go to this page.
Mega Code Demo - Part 1
Mega Code Demo - Part 2
Post Arrest Care
Uses of Epinephrine
Hs & Ts
Medications - Part 1
Medications - Part 2
See You In Class!
After Class Checkpoint